As part of our ongoing efforts to achieve pay parity for ARC nurses, the NZACA has formed the Coalition on Fair Pay for Aged Care Nurses. The Coalition is made up of nine organisations with an interest in the care of older peoples that is calling on the Government to URGENTLY fund pay parity for nurses working in ARC with their peers working in public hospitals, these are:
- New Zealand Aged Care Association (NZACA) and its Nursing Leadership Group (NLG)
- Age Concern New Zealand
- Alzheimers New Zealand
- Care Association of New Zealand (CANZ)
- Grey Power
- Home and Community Health Association (HCHA)
- New Zealand Council of Christian Social Services (NZCCSS)
- NZ Nurses Organisation (NZNO)
- Retirement Villages Association (RVA)
After meeting for the first time late last week, the Coalition’s first action was a joint letter to Minister Little calling for urgent pay parity for ARC nurses.
We are very pleased to have the support of these respected organisations and for them to add their voices to our call for parity, which is more urgent than ever.
Unfamiliar with the ARC sector? View our FAQ sheet here