NZACA Workshops for Caregivers in Aged Care – July 2021
The New Zealand Aged Care Association Education Trust presents workshops for Caregivers in the Aged Care Sector in the following locations:
- Christchurch Wednesday, 14 July – Tait Technology Centre
- Dunedin Thursday, 15 July – The Forsyth Barr Stadium
- Auckland Wednesday, 21 July – Hilton Auckland
- Tauranga Tuesday, 20 July – Cubro Head Office
- Wellington Friday, 30 July – Te Rauparaha Arena
Presenters and Topics:
- Rhonda Sherriff, NZACA’s Clinical Advisor will run an informative session focusing on expectations of care delivery from staff with level 3 & 4 qualifications.
- Information will be provided on Careerforce’s recently launched Apprenticeship in Healthcare Assistance for Aged Care, including how the programme runs and the funding available to trainees and their employers through the Targeted Training and Apprenticeship Fund (TTAF).
- Gillian Robinson, HCSL Director and Nursing leadership member will present on the challenges of pandemic management.
- Join Cubro as they explore how to make moving and handling easier and safer as well as presenting the latest innovations when it comes to equipment solutions in this area. The number of injuries and risks associated with moving and handling residents is a key challenge facing Aged Care providers. Easier positioning and lifting techniques not only minimises the risk of skin tears and bruising to the resident but also reduces the number and severity of injuries to caregivers.
- The Whiteley team will give a presentation on the importance of effectively removing biofilms as part of your regular cleaning process. They will also give an overview on some key cleaning considerations during the COVID-19 pandemic.
NZACA member special discounted price: $195 + GST
Non-member price: $230 + GST
Registration on the day begins at 8.30am, and sessions will start promptly at 9am, concluding by 4.30pm.
Lunch and tea break meals will be provided and participants will receive a certificate of attendance via email after the workshop.
Cancellation policy: All cancellations must be in writing (email) 14 days prior to workshop. Cancellations between 14 days will incur an administration fee of $80 + GST. There will be no refund eight (8) days prior to the date of the workshop, but you may send a substitute staff member providing we are advised of this in writing.
For any enquiries please contact Events and Marketing Specialist, June Murugan – email@example.com or 04 473 3159.
Thank you to our July 2021 workshop sponsors: